Well…wasn’t that a debbie downer of a game. SO much promise for about 58 minutes, and then BAM! it all comes tumbling down…
Here are my ten points, on what was a really exciting but really disappointing home opener.
- Gionta’s player introductions really was special. I love how the Habs marketing department are all over the Captain’s french lessons. I am sure LaPierre had a good laugh over being call LaPierrere All joking aside though, that took some courage. Speaking a language you barely know in front of over 20,000 people is no easy task. Well done Captain!
- Ryan, Ryan, Ryan…. why oh why do you have to get a delay of game penalty EVERY SINGLE TIME!
- Powerplay? What powerplay? Half the opportunities were cut short because neither Cammalleri nor Subban can keep their emotions in check, and the other half of the powerplays were once again fruitless. At this point, something needs to be done. Maybe switch Spacek and Subban. Subban has a cannon of a shot, and *hopefully* Spacek can keep it together and QB the powerplay. While this isn’t an ideal plan, it’s not like anything else is working.
- Gomez? Gionta? Where are you? When Pouliot is the best member of your line, something is wrong.
- How good of a trade was Boyd for Sergei? Every time I see #17 hustling I am a happy girl that #74 is somewhere far away in the deep south.
- Pleks and Cammy have the chemistry of two kids who grew up together! After years of playing with an enigma, it must be huge relief for Plekanec to have someone like Cammalleri on his wing.
- Despite the result, it truly was an exciting game of hockey. Up and down the ice all night long.
- By my count, LaPierre now has two dirty hits. I really like him, but I don’t like this new late hitting from behind aspect that he’s added to his game. Can anyone explain to me why he wasn’t penalized under the new rule of an automatic game misconduct?
- Price!! I don’t want him up in his head fretting about the loss. Once again he played like that rookie we saw in the playoffs a couple years back. Good to see him so sharp and confident. I don’t want that to disappear because of his team’s lack of discipline.
- What’s the deal with the Habs 2nd period play? Is taking the period off a tactical move, because it has happened in all three games so far.