We are the EXACT opposite of the Montreal Canadiens and the game they played last night. The way the Habs are playing right now epitomize team play. I have just a few points about the game last night:
- Firstly, I watched the game on TSN last night, and I have to question why McGuire feels the need to add a “y” at the end of every player’s first name – Johnny Tavares, Tommy Pyatt, Dougie Weight… I know he likes to think he’s BFF’s with the entire NHL, but the famliliarty he uses when calling a game is awkward. I feel like he’s name dropping the whole time…
- Subban! Twist to the left, twist to the right, pass, shoot, score! I loved the play he started for the 2nd goal, and I equally love how in the next sequence he was a defensive-superman
- Mr. Lars Eller is looking good. I like the slow approach Habs management is taking with his development. Could it be they’ve finally learned from their mistakes?
- Moen should send Plekanec a thank-you card for the goal he literally gave him on his stick
- Alright…I’m on the AK bandwagon. Yes, it was an empty net goal, but he caused the turnover, and he released a super-quick and super-accurate shot mid-turn around
Can’t wait until Friday for the Islanders again – I love when the schedule gives us little mini-series likes these!
PS and a quick edit: I like the girls I play with. We just aren’t gelling as a team…