I went to my first game of the season last night, and what a bore! My intent was to be all journalistic-like and take wild photographs that depicted the action. Turns out I am much too busy actually watching the game to do much photographing.
I was able to snap a few of the warm-up however:
Notice the amazing new foam finger that the Canadien’s Boutique is selling. They go for $30 a pop, but they are amazing. I will be the proud owner of one before the season’s end.
Notice the guy wearing a Blue’s Halak shirt. COME ON!!! The Blues weren’t even playing – it was a Habs/Sabres game. I was a Halak fan too, but I’ve moved on…the worst part? He wasn’t the only one. I even saw one guy in a full-fledge jersey! Those cost over $150 PLUS the name and number, that’s a lot of money to spend on making a point.
5 Thoughts on the Game
- O’Byrne needs to step it up. Picard was way more stable on defense then he was. At this point O’Byrne is battling with Picard for the 7th d-man position
- PK needs to stop making his team go on the PK. I heard Subban had a lot of penalty minutes in the AHL, so he needs to get his anger on the ice under control.
- Pouliot impressed me last night. One of the shinning stars in an otherwise VERY boring game. He is able to whip off a shot very quickly. I’m back on the Pouliot band-wagon
- I was hoping for a little more ceremony surrounding Gionta’s first time on the ice with the “C”…sadly they only showed the video that is already up on the Montreal Canadiens site
- The power play. I know, Jaques Martin keeps re-iterating that without two full PP lines it’s hard to make a judgement. But one would have expected at least on goal on the many 5 on 3’s the Habs earned this pre-season